Requirement/Mandate for Registration of Tourism related Services
All entities, operators, agencies performing operations, undertaking activities and providing information & service delivery related to tourism industry will have to be necessarily registered.
This is a legal requirement and enforcement division and compliance monitoring task force would deligently oversee and ensure that all service providers, entities, organization operating in the tourism industry are registered and comply with the prescribed policies & practices.
Individuals, entities, agencies and organizations operating and conducting business without a valid registration/licensing or renewal thereof will be penalized under an appropriate provision of the Sikkim Registration of Tourist Trade Act (as being amended in keeping with aggressive measures being undertaken for executing transformative changes for enhanced quality of tourist services.)
Click on the chart bars to view the registered entities
- Accomodation & Eateries:- Hotels, restaurants, lodges, Bed & Breakfast establishments, Fast foods, homestays, guest house, resorts & spas, service apartments
- Tours & Travels:- Local tour & travel agencies, logistic service providers, booking facilitation centres
- Entertainment & Recreation:- Adventure tour operators, entertainment agencies, event facilitators, MICE co-ordinators
- O & M Partners:- PPP operators, facility managers and partner agencies
- Stakeholders & Associations:- Tourism stakeholder associations and facilitating partner agencies
- Tour Guides & Photographers:- Tour guides, outdoor photographers